It can’t possibly be mid-August already! How the heck did that happen?? I couldn’t believe it when I checked the last time I had blogged, and saw it was the 7th of July. The month has been so busy. It’s been so hard to adjust to full time work in an office that isn’t at home! The ‘commute’, a twenty minute walk to and from work, seems to take a lot out of me. In a good way – although I’m sure you now understand the reduction in blog posts!
That’s not to say this will become a ‘one post a month’ kinda place. My craft room is nearly open for business, and once my laptop has a home I will be able to get on it more regularly!
In general life, things sprint along at a pace I can barely keep up with! Work is great, Bristol is great, I am feeling generally great. Here’s a whistle-stop tour of what went on in July and the beginning of August:
- I celebrated my birthday with many of my friends, a number of whom bought me a silver-smithing course as a present. I was flabbergasted and delighted, and cannot wait! It starts in September – watch this space.
- I had my mum to stay and she helped me sort my house out. We went nuts with succulents.
- I taught spinning at Sidmouth folk festival – my pupils were very accomplished and went on to crochet flowers and make necklaces using beads they had carved out of soapstone during the same craft workshop.
- I went to a hen do dressed as an 80’s rock chick, and thought my eyes would be black for the rest of time. We had a wonderful day at an activity centre, bouncing on trampolines and playing dodgeball. It was amazing, and highly recommended!
- My team and I decorated our desks for the Rio Olympics – using origami butterflies! It took hours and hours to make them all and put them up, but looks just stunning.
- I went on holiday to Cornwall and used my wooldar to find the only shop in Porthleven that sells drop spindles. My souvenir spindle collection is growing nicely!
In terms of a July Resolutions Update, I had a relatively successful month, although I also spent a lot of time in the evenings collapsed in an exhausted heap in front of Big Bang Theory.
- Finish knitting John’s Dr Who Scarf – I reached the halfway point and now can’t find a ball of yarn. I need to order a new one. He might get it before our fifth anniversary in January (bearing in mind it was his fourth anniversary present. I don’t do well at deadline knitting.
- Finish knitting mum’s birthday present – errr…I plan to get this done this weekend. It’s sitting next to me. Waiting. This is also late, sigh.
- Finish page one of my cross stitch leopard – yessir I did indeed!
- Fix Garland – sorted and wearing with pride again.
Bearing in mind that we are already halfway through August, I resolve to:
- Finish mum’s birthday present
- Complete another row of the leopard cross stitch
- Pick out a fabric for curtains in the lounge – in the photo below you can see my curtains. They are awful – I got them in a charity shop for £3 and they were only a stopgap while we needed privacy in our house. We’ve been here for two months now…it’s time to replace them!
I’m sure by the end of August I will have finished binge watching Big Bang Theory. If anyone has recommendations for what to watch next, I’d love to know!