It has finally arrived: the first episode of the Plutonium Muffins Podcast! I have wanted to do a podcast since I first left university (over three years, before the origin of this blog even) but never had the courage to do it.
Episode One: Mangwanani
‘good morning’ in Shona
Everything gets started with a little introduction to me – and an explanation behind my funny accent. I have realised I also get the words “knitting” and “spinning” confused. I hope this doesn’t cause too many problems!
Section One: Knitting
A quick discussion on why I’m trying to knit garments this year – the Towersey Shawl is the one that I reluctantly (but very lovingly) gave to my gran for Christmas.
Works in Progress
- The Spring Knitting and Stitching Show, where I found Purl Alpaca Designs.
- Icon Dress on Ravelry.
- Unravel at Farnham Maltings, my favourite place on this blue planet.
- John Arbon Textiles, a Devon-based mill.
- Zigzag Jumper by Linda Parkhouse on Ravelry.
- Simply Knitting Issue 122.
- Learn to knit with the Garter Stitch Headband on Ravelry (free beginner knitting pattern ‘designed’ by me).
Bonus YouTube video at the bottom of this post if you want to give knitting a go – and starter kits available at East London Knit‘s Etsy shop.
Section Two: Spinning
Introduction to my spinning
More Corrie history, including five fleeces and why one should never ask Twitter for help if you think you probably shouldn’t do it.
- Mudchute City Farm on the Isle of Dogs
All the yarn I’ve ever spun
- Review of my six skeins of yarn
- The Campaign for Wool
- WoolyKnits Roving used in my spinning
- Wonderwhygal’s blog
- Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel and Lazy Kate HERE
- hilltopkatie on Etsy – for all-in-one spinning kits so you can take a big leap into the unknown!
Section Three: Resolutions Monthly
An introduction to the idea behind the Monthly Resolutions and a lot of chatter about how it helps me with my crafting.
Section Four: Crafty Roots
I’m running out of steam by this point, so there isn’t much content but a bit of chatter – and a book recommendation!
Check out and buy the book using this link and I get some commission to go towards hosting fees…(which as it turns out are rather steep if you can’t cut your podcast to less than an hour no matter how long you spend trying!)
Sub-section: Molly the Naughty Hamster
A little anecdote on what Molly got up to while John and I were away
- Molly the Hamster’s blog
Thank you for listening! I hope you had fun and enjoyed it – importantly, I hope you can understand me.
The podcasting community:
- Knit British – podcast by Louise, with a focus on knitting with British Wool.
- Caithness Craft Collective – conducting swaps, reviewing events, knitting by Louise.
- iMake – general craft loveliness from podcaster Martine.
- Shiny Bees – Jo, a Brit-South African-Brit podcasting about knitting and sewing, among many other things!
- Plutonium Muffins Blog
- Corrie on Twitter
- Plutonium Muffins on Facebook
- Plutonium Muffins on Ravelry
- Corrie on Pinterest
Learn to knit on YouTube