I missed the resolution update nearer the actual middle of the month – oops. Here it comes…but first! Have you ever heard of “Wreck This Journal” by Keri Smith? I bought myself one at the beginning of the month and I’ve been getting really into it. It’s basically like an art journal that fosters creativity.
I found this great quote by Scott Adams, which really resonated with me.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
The WTJ gives prompts on each page – it has a huge following on the interwebs and you can see tons of examples of it on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter…you name it. It has really been unleashing my inner creative, which has been great while I’ve been in a bit of a slump…I really recommend it!
I’ve been doing quite well, although I’m a bit concerned I’ve lost track over the last few days as I’m getting really into the card making again. (The shop is here, with plenty of Valentines Day cards for literature aficionados if you’re interested.)
- Finish Solomon’s Temple – Complete! There is a blog post about it here.
- Ten minutes of spinning every day – I’ve finished the Dragon Yarn and have two good plies for Follow Me Down Cousin Jack. If you’d like to hear the song I’ve named the yarn after, there’s a snippet of it in the Plutonium Muffins Podcast Episode Eight!
- Complete four weeks of C25K – I’m on track, I completed week two and am currently halfway through week three. I’m training for a half marathon! The Great North Run on the 13th of September, which I will be doing to support the mental health charity Mind. You’ll hear more about this in due course!
- Finish Monkey – I’ve almost finished…one sock! Just a couple centimetres on the toe and then back up to the next cuff.
- Crochet two snowflakes – eek, nothing yet – I’ll get on this next week!
So, that’s that for mid-January! I’m off to foster some more creativity and…start figuring out how I’m going to raise money for this run in September.