Is the 6th of January too late to be wishing you all a Happy New Year? Mine has started with a bang and I’ve been at work all hours of the day, so this is actually the first chance I’ve had to blog. So, Happy New Year! I hope you all have an absolutely great 2018 and that it brings you everything you could possibly wish for!
I’m actually here to talk about 2018 giveaways. I mentioned this in my birthday post, and it’s time to announce how it’s going to happen. Just to remind you, to thank everyone who has contributed to Plutonium Muffins in the last six years, I will be giving away one digital crafting pattern per week in 2018 to a value of $5/£5.
Happy New Year (of giveaways)
Firstly, one of the last things I did in 2017 was a livestream on my YouTube channel. It was nerve-wracking and terrifying, but I’ve had a great reception and this is something I’m planning to do more in 2018. Rather than keep all my planned giveaways on the blog, therefore, I’m going to alternate. The plan will be simple:
- Every other Sunday I’ll publish a blog post. On the alternate Sundays, I’ll be filming a livestream on YouTube (schedule to follow).
- For the rest of the week until the following Sunday, anyone who leaves a comment on the post, addressing the key theme of the blog post or livestream, will get one entry into the giveaway for that week.
- While I film or before I write the next week’s publication, I’ll randomly generate the name of the winner, who will then get an email/YT message from me saying they’ve won and asking what prize they would like.
- Rinse and repeat!
The prize I am offering each week is a $5/£5 voucher for any crafting pattern, from any website that will allow me to gift things.
As an example, I know that Ravelry will allow me to purchase a digital pattern and email it to another user of Ravelry – you would let me know which pattern you would like and your username, and I would get that sent to you.
Likewise with Craftsy, or any other site that allows digital gifting.
I’ll get a schedule for livestreams worked out and published beforehand, but the best way to find out anything about them would be on my Twitter, Facebook or Instagram feeds. In the meantime, I’m going to start figuring out what topics we are going to address – I already know my subject for the first one, but who knows where we will go from there! Suggestions appreciated.
I’m really looking forward to launching this, and I’ll be seeing you this Sunday for the first giveaway of the year!
- Comments on blog posts/videos must address the topic of the post/video
- Anyone can enter
- One entry per person
- Winners who do not respond to their message within two weeks will lose their chance to claim their prize
- The patterns offered will be digital only
- The rules may change throughout the year depending on my circumstances