It has been a tricky few weeks and I’ve been reminded by my lovely family and friends to concentrate on the journey rather than the destination. I thought I would take a moment to celebrate some great things about my journey this last week! Please join me, and let me know what you have been enjoying this week.
Enjoying the Journey
It has been the most positive week, mental health wise, that I’ve had for a long time. It feels wonderful to start enjoying things again! I can’t express how delighted I am that I can enjoy the simple pleasures that have been lost to me for several months. October brings me plenty of things to revel in:
- Plutonium Muffins has been featured in Let’s Get Crafting Knitting and Crochet! If you’ve come here from there, hello! Lovely to meet you! You can find the podcast here.
- The Gilmore Girls have come to Netflix! They got me through my final rocky year of university, and I’m so happy to have their great sense of humour and caffeine fuelled madness to enjoy while I’m knitting. It beats daytime telly, that’s for sure!
- John bought me a new notebook! The business plan is going to be for my next big project, but no more details here – you’ll have to wait, hee. I love notebooks, and I love this.
- The Must Stash Podcast. I love Stacie and Steph, and they are back to a regular podcasting schedule. I’m so happy to have them back! They are so great together, I love the editing of the podcast (which is really a videocast), they talk about interesting things and are always knitting the most wonderful projects. I’ve been finding them very inspiring this week!
- I finished spinning Splash. I KNOW, RIGHT? I took the opportunity to play around with my spinning wheel while John was at a band practice, and the singles sat on the wheel for just over 12 hours to set the twist. I couldn’t wait any longer, and plied after a cuppa with a friend. I’ve left it drying in the flat – it will be dry when I return next week!
- I’m on my way home to stay with my parents for a week. This is going to be a monthly occurrence for the rest of this year at least, and I’m thrilled to be able to spend time with them – and this lovely girl, who is now nearly 13 and slowing down a lot!
What have you particularly enjoyed on your journey this week? I would love to know what you get up to while you knit – I know a lot of people listen to audiobooks, some people read, some watch TV, others listen to podcasts, many people just concentrate on the knitting…! I do all of these and more, depending on the pattern, and I’m feeling so content with my craft today.